Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Whats your top 10 albums?

Thanks

Re: Whats your top 10 albums?

Quote Originally Posted by graftzig
    Well, what can I say? I really like Avril Lavigne. She's a great singer and it's good songwriting, too.
    I mean she is not that bad, just for the fact i have all her albums except the last one. Have you noticed that ever since she got engaged with Derik of Sum41, their band kinda went down the toilet?!
    What can be better than sex?

Thanks

Re: Whats your top 10 albums?

I am an old man. My music database goes from 1940 to today. I consider myself a connoisseur of music. I listen to everything, all genres. So I will list my top 10 in no particular order. Although My top 10 is not only for the music but the significance of the album at the time.

Jimi Hendrix-Are you experienced. Possible the greatest debut album of all time.This album broke several barriers. color, genre, nationality, and most of all pre-concieved notions of what someone should be.
    Guns N' Roses-Appetite For Destruction. One of the best selling albums of the 80's, certified 18x platinum. This one is still talked about today as being one of the greatest rock albums of all time.
    CCR-Cosmos Factory. The last real CCR album before the break up of the band. A break up that was so bitter that John Fogerty, who owned the rights to all the music, refused to sing the CCR songs at his own concerts, until many years later when Bob Dylan told him you have to sing them or no one will know. The world will think Proud Mary is Tina Turners song.
    The Who-Live At Leads. This solidified The Who as a real band around the world, not just some punk guys fom across the water. It is the most successful live rock album of all time.
    Michael Jackson-Thriller. Still the #1 selling of all time. This feat will never be duplicated! At the time there were no African American artist on MTV. MTV refused to air the video Billy Jean. CBS records said they would pull all The artirt in the stable if MTV did not put it on. They did and it was the most successful video for them for 22 years.
    Marvin Gaye-Whats Going ON. This protest album, to the Viet Nam War, was His most successful. It also Showed Motown and other music companies that they could be a political force.
    Prince-Dirty Mind. Brought a new sound into mainstream America. This one sparked a debate on Capital Hill that would eventually lead to The Explicit Lyrics Labels.
    James Brown-I Got You (I Feel Good). James was already a hit. The importance of this album would not be known for several years. But as we know today the songs on this album have been sampled more than any other in music.
    RUN-DMC-RUN-DMC. The debut album that change the music industry forever. Before this album hip-hop was a thing of the street. After this album hip-hop was a budding genre in an ever changing industry. RUN-DMC brought hip-hop int the homes of middle class white America!
    Mariah Carey-E=MC2. She was already the #1 selly female artist of all time. But when her first single off this one,Touch My Body, was released it put her into a new level. She surpassed Elvis and The Beatles. She passed Elvis moving into second place behind The beatles for most #1 hits. She passed The Beatles for having the most #1 singles in consecutive years.

LOVE SUCKS, TRUE LOVE SWALLOWS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information