Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Todays music is shit....discuss

Thanks

Re: Todays music is shit....discuss

Todays Music is mostly boring - again speaking of popular Music.

Thanks

well pop in this time is horrible (my opinion as a goth freak)
    but in other genres there are still very good bands at work like after forever or within temptation

VIP
    Thanks

The best Pop Group ever, and the winner is ABBA

VIP
    Thanks

Since '03 Ive found a steady decline in music.
    I suppose as you get older you just develop your own taste.
    Yes between 90-95 we had some seminal (not a rude word ;D) albums
    Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Manics, U2, Radiohead, Smashing Pumpkins, Chili Peppers.....

So what have we today? Snow Patrol (A lousy Singer, no conviction, pap songs,) The Killers (A few ok songs, but another dodgy singer). Artic Monkeys, (Noise pollution!), Arcade fire, (What the f**k are they all about?)

And as for the films, turn your attention away from all that hollywood muck, and check out Old boy, Ong Bak, A Bittersweet life and the Experiment

Thanks

Yeah the new music sucks donkey balls on a hot day but hell doesnt every generaton think the same thing? That being said, both music and movies have gotten plastic and cookie cutter. I still love the alternative and punk of the late 70s early 80s and it is hard to find good stuff of the caliber that i am used to but its out there if you search. I think its great that some of you have added some music and movies to look into, saves me a boat load of time.

VIP
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,871 Times in 1,658 Posts

Well it sure isn't what it used to be. Has anyone tried to listen to a radio station lately, find a good anywhere. Like newspapers they be been gone someday.

VIP
    Thanks

I think about some of the bands that are popular today, and wonder if any of their shit will be played 30 years from now? Kind of like Zeppelin, Hendrix, Ozzy, the Stones, etc. Makes me respect the old stuff even more.

Thanks

Absolutely agree! If is today released any great album - is released only from old band like Judas Priest, or AC/DC. All new things are shit!

VIP
    Thanks

I (respectfully) completely disagree, i can name plenty of albums released over the last 15 years that I'm still listening to and will still be in 15, 30 years time. here are but a few.

Massive Attack - Mezzanine
    Portishead - Dummy
    Korn - Follow the Leader
    Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine (Its almost 20 years old guys, 20!!!)
    Turin Breaks - The Optimist LP
    Nirvana - Unplugged, In Utero, Nevermind

ect ect ect, there are loads and loads of decent albums and bands out there (I didn't even mention Greenday) they might be drowned out by the deluge of disposable pop but who cares, albums like these have a much longer shelf life and their creating bands will still be touring and releasing records when the Britney's of this world are locking themselves in a bathrooms or court houses and publicly mutilating themselves. The kids round my way are still buying Kurt Cobain hoddies and t-shirts, even though he killed himself when I was their age. (Nothing like a suicide to create a legend.)
    &quot;In the trail of fire I know we will be free again, in the end we will be one.<br />In the trail of fire I&#39;ll burn before you bury me, set your sights for the sun.&quot;

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information