Page 170 of 762 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270670 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 7618

Thread: My Music Collection Update Daily! (Dance, Trance, Rock, Pop, Electronic, Jazz,..)

VIP
    Thanks

Freddie Hubbard - On The Real Side

Artist: Freddie Hubbard
    Title: On The Real Side
    Year Of Release: 2008
    Label: Four Quarters Records
    Genre: Jazz
    Quality: Mp3 / 320kbps
    Total Time: 52:09 min
    Total Size: 117 MB

Tracklist
    ----------
    01. Lifeflight
    02. Up Jumped Spring
    03. Theme For Kareem
    04. On The Real Side
    05. Take It To The Ozone
    06. Skydive
    07. Gibraltar

Like its predecessor, 2001's New Colors, On the Real Side, which again pairs Freddie Hubbard with the New Jazz Composers Octet (David Weiss, trumpet; Myron Walden, alto sax; Jimmy Greene, tenor and soprano sax; Steve Davis, trombone; Norbert Stachel, baritone sax and flute; Xavier Davis, piano; Dwayne Burno, bass; and E.J. Strickland, drums, plus guests Craig Handy, tenor sax on two tracks and flute on a third, and Russell Malone, guitar on the title tune), is in essence a victory lap for the veteran horn player, whose chops are admittedly diminished as he reaches age 70. Annotator Bill Milkowski makes no bones about that and even quotes Hubbard to the effect that "I gotta resolve myself to be happy with what I can do now...play a couple of choruses and get out." As such, this album -- with the exception of the newly written title track -- consists of re-recordings of Hubbard favorites, functioning as a tribute disc on which the honoree sits in. In that sense, it might be compared to the latter day recordings of Brian Wilson in the pop realm, in which a group of technically proficient Beach Boys fans efficiently plays the composer's music around him as he pitches in. At that, the result is not unpleasant, and Hubbard even manages some good solos, or at least parts of solos, before giving way to his acolytes. It is notable that he only plays flugelhorn, especially since he is glimpsed holding a trumpet on the album cover. ~William Ruhlmann

Losslessdl.com - Download Lossless Music MP3|FLAC|Hi-res Daily Update!

VIP
    Thanks

Gabriela Anders - Cool Again

Artist: Gabriela Anders
    Title: Cool Again
    Year Of Release: 2015
    Label: East Village Joint
    Genre: Jazz / Bossa Nova
    Total Time: 37:58 min
    Total Size: 101 MB

Tracklist
    ------------
    01. Not True
    02. Pearls
    03. Corcovado
    04. Cool Again
    05. Sto Male
    06. Crave
    07. Urubu
    08. You Were Meant for Me

Gabriela Anders' new solo project, "Cool Again", beautifully displays the significant gifts as singer, vocal orchestrator, songwriter and bandleader she has steadily developed through her previous releases: "Wanting", "Eclectica", "Latina", "Last Tango in Rio" and "Bossa Beleza".

The mix of original and cover songs on "Cool Again" finds Gabriela at her best. The soulful funk of the original title track is a classic example. Its message of empowerment can be considered a core theme in Gabriela's lyrics and a source of her resonating appeal as a performer, entertainer and artist.

Her love and familiarity with Brazil's music, her appreciation for the American songbook, her skill as a singer/songwriter and her moving, intimate way with a ballad are all wonderfully present in "Corcovado", "You Were Meant for Me", "Pearls and Gold", "Crave" and the Italian classic, "Sto Male".

Gabriela assembled a fantastic band for this recording: Wayne Krantz, Anthony Jackson, Cliff Almond, Jim Ridl, Rogerio Bocatto, John Benitez and Horacio "El Negro" Hernandez. As most of the tracks were cut live in the studio, Gabriela's singular and remarkably interactive musical nature is strikingly evident here.

"Cool Again" is a gift from one of the most accomplished and appealing contemporary vocalists creating today.

VIP
    Thanks

Gabriela Anders - Eclectica

Title: Eclectica
    Year Of Release: 2003
    Label: Gabriela Anders
    Genre: Jazz / Bossa Nova / Latin
    Total Time: 42:57 min

Tracklist
    ----------
    01.Together Again
    02.Pearls And Gold
    03.Naufragio
    04.What My Dreams Are Made Of
    05.Fading Light
    06.I Wait
    07.Socamerengue
    08.Like U Do
    09.Far Away
    10.Love So Right

Born into a family of musicians, the Argentinean native studied classical guitar and piano in Buenos Aires while listening closely to her father, jazz saxophonist Jorge Anders. Says Gabriela, "There were so many influences when I was growing up, and I wanted to do something with them all. My father's concerts and studio work certainly affected me, as did the music of Brazil; it's so harmonically rich and so interesting melodically".

After high school, Anders decided to continue her studies in New York. After a short while, she started to do studio and club work. This work lead to two recording projects with top producer Sergio George.

Through Sergio, she had the opportunity to sing for Grover Washington Jr., Marc Anthony, Celia Cruz & Talhia.

Her ongoing exposure to music of various sensibilities and her innate ability to fuse styles and formats were abundantly revealed in a few demo tracks she made on the cheap. Shortly thereafter, Anders became one of the only artists ever signed to Warner Bros. from unsolicited material.

Gabriela Anders' debut, "Wanting", is brimming with vocal subtlety; although smooth, it is anything but simple. She wrote ten of the twelve tracks.

"Wanting" elicited much praise for Anders' vision and impassioned vocal style. Her unique blending of pop, Latin and jazz resulted in Vogue and People magazines, among others, describing Anders and her music as: "exotic and bold"; "wonderfully soulful"; and "one of the most distinctive new voices to hit the music scene in years"

Gabriela Anders continues a journey of musical excellence and introspection with her new release, "Eclectica", a collection of Brazilian, R&B and jazz- influenced songs, now including two additional tracks, "Far away" and "Love so right".

"Eclectica": a sultry, exotic sound with irresistible grooves, punctuated by intensely soulful vocals. Anders' voice seduces, and her impassioned ideas and desires are enthralling.

Says Anders, "Growing as a musician is absolutely the most important thing to me"

Produced by Sonic Soul, Eastriverjoint and Gabriela herself, Eclectica showcases Anders' ability to push traditional boundaries and transcend genres and formats while featuring some of today's most soulful musicians: Wayne Krantz, Negro Hernandez, John Benitez, Ron Lawrence, Cidinho, Cafe, Cliff Lyons, Rick Savage, Luis Bonilla, Hector Martignon, Vince Cherico, Hami Marqui Dair, Susan Youngblood, Sammy Merendino, Ross Traut, Reggie Hamilton and Otmaro Ruiz.

Most of the songs and lyrics are by Anders, as are the arrangements. The first single, the appealingly warm "Together Again", is Gabriela's homage beautiful Brazil.

The Latin grooves of "Naufragio" and "Socamerengue" take you to the tropics, to bring you back with the soulful solo voice/piano performance of "Fading Light". The slinky funkiness of "What My Dreams Are Made Of" contrasts with the jazziness of "I Wait".

"Eclectica" keeps on surprising you; every track takes you on a different journey: an eclectic trip into Gabriela's sensual musical world.

Anders channels her multi-cultural musical gifts into the power of love's emotions and vulnerabilities, both personal and universal, and that is the essence of her allure.

VIP
    Thanks

Gabriela Anders - Last Tango In Rio - 320kbps

Title: Last Tango In Rio
    Year Of Release: 2004
    Label: Narada
    Genre: Jazz / Vocal Jazz
    Total Time: 40:28 min

Tracklist
    ---------
    01. You Go To My Head
    02. Abracadabra
    03. Love Is Here To Stay
    04. God Bless the Child
    05. Embrace Me
    06. Buenos Aires Mix, The
    07. Body and Soul
    08. All Your Love
    09. Meant To Be
    10. 'Til The End of Time

With the release of her second album, Last Tango in Rio, the Argentinean jazz chanteuse Gabriela Anders has given us yet another mesmerizing record.

She released her debut album, Wanting, in 1998 and has worked with the likes of Grover Washington Jr. and Celia Cruz in the past few years. Gabriela's innate ability to fuse styles and sounds came through on a few independent demo tracks she had made on the cheap and sent to the record labels' general addresses listed on the New York Yellow Pages. To that end, Gabriela went on to become one of the only artists ever signed to the Warner Music Group from unsolicited material.

From Vogue and People Magazine to the New Yorker, critics have praised Gabriela as "one of the most distinctive new voices to hit the music scene in years."

Put the cozy and velvety voice of Billie Holiday together with the nostalgic sound of the bandoneon and you are a step closer to what Last Tango in Rio sounds like. From Gabriela's soulful voice and the classical guitar arrangements to the subtle beat of the bass, this album brings out the unexpected versatility of jazz in the most sincere way.

Born into a family of musicians in Buenos Aires, Gabriela began her musical journey at an early age. She studied classical guitar and piano while listening closely to her father, jazz saxophonist Jorge Anders. "There were so many influences when I was growing up, and I wanted to do something with them all. My father's concerts and studio work certainly affected me, as did tango and the music of Brazil," says Gabriela. "[They] are so harmonically rich".

And in Last Tango in Rio, Gabriela uses that Latin American sensibility as she covers such classics of American jazz as "God Bless the Child," "All of Me," and "You Go to My Head". "'Gold Bless the Child' is such a touching song to me and to just about everyone who has heard Billie (Holiday) perform it," says Gabriela. "Billie's work has meant so much to me and it has been a dream of mine to take these songs and spin them in my own way."

So, why Last Tango in "Rio" and not in Buenos Aires (as one would expect)? "Because I wanted to put an end to this historic soccer-related animosity between Argentina and Brazil," adds Gabriela. "I put tango next to the Brazilian guitars like a marriage. I wanted to unite the people musically."

VIP
    Thanks

Ami Nakazono - Make It Happen! (2015)

Artist: Ami Nakazono
    Title: Make It Happen!
    Year Of Release: 2015
    Label: Hitman
    Genre: Smooth Jazz
    Quality: FLAC (tracks) / MP3
    Total Time: 01:01:51
    Total Size: 400 MB / 141 MB

Tracklist:

01. Make It Happen! feat. Luis Valle [05:28]
    02. 610 [04:42]
    03. Ami's Ballad [05:56]
    04. Are You Ready [05:32]
    05. Camarade feat. Ilya Serov [07:14]
    06. Never Ending [04:27]
    07. MUSE [06:12]
    08. Love You Forever (Eng) feat. Kanokkarn Sudhikam [05:18]
    09. Urban Beach feat. Koh Mr. Saxman [04:48]
    10. Moment That Matter [06:54]
    11. Love You Forever (Thai) feat. Kanokkarn Sudhikam [05:14]

VIP
    Thanks

Convextion - 2845 (2016)

Artist: Convextion
    Title: 2845
    Year Of Release: 2016
    Label: a.r.t.less - A.R.T.LESS VEXT LP 1
    Genre: Techno
    Quality: 320 kbps
    Total Time: 01:00:35
    Total Size: 138 mb

Tracklist
    1. New Horizon (16:13)
    2. Distant Transmission (06:49)
    3. Saline Moon (08:51)
    4. Tidal Friction (07:04)
    5. Sea And Satellite (07:08)
    6. Exploration (07:30)
    7. Flyby (07:00)

VIP
    Thanks

Gary Clark JR. ‎- HWUL Raw Cuts Vol.1 (2012)

Artist: Gary Clark Jr.
    Title: HWUL Raw Cuts Vol.1
    Year Of Release: 2012
    Label: Warner Bros. Records
    Genre: Blues Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Classic Rock
    Quality: FLAC (Image)+CUE 24bit/96kHz
    Total Time: 00:23:39
    Total Size: 551 mb (+5%rec.)

Tracks:

A. Third Stone From The Sun / If You Love Me Like You Say (Live In Charlottesville VA) 12:32
    B. Bright Lights (Live In London, England) 11:20

Limited Record Store Day release 2012 contains live recordings from the tour 2011

VIP
    Thanks

Gary Numan - Live In London (2004) Mp3 + Lossless

Artist: Gary Numan
    Title: Live In London
    Year Of Release: 2004
    Label: Eagle Records
    Genre: Synthpop, New Wave, Pop
    Quality: mp3 / Flac (tracks)
    Total Time: 01:37:45
    Total Size: 230,06 / 642,73 Mb

Tracklist

1.1 Introduction
    1.2 Down in the Park
    1.3 Dominion Day
    1.4 Friends [Pure Version]
    1.5 Films
    1.6 A Question of Faith
    1.7 Voix
    1.8 Everyday I Die
    1.9 Dark
    1.10 You Walk in My Soul
    2.1 Noise Noise
    2.2 An Alien Cure
    2.3 Cars
    2.4 Absolution
    2.5 Dead Heaven
    2.6 Metal
    2.7 Bleed
    2.8 Are 'Friends' Electric?
    2.9 (Band Introduction)
    2.10 We Are So Fragile
    2.11 Jo the Waiter

VIP
    Thanks

George Benson - Love For Sale

Artist: George Benson
    Title: Love For Sale
    Year Of Release: 1999
    Label: Going For A Song
    Genre: Contemporary Jazz
    Quality: FLAC (image) / MP3
    Total Time: 01:07:17
    Total Size: 337 MB / 153 MB

Tracklist:

01. Blue Bossa [5:15]
    02. The Masquerade Is Over [9:04]
    03. All Blues [6:41]
    04. Love for Sale [5:02]
    05. Oleo [5:20]
    06. There Will Never Be Another You [7:03]
    07. Li'l Darlin' [10:40]
    08. Love Walked In [6:23]
    09. All the Things You Are [4:36]
    10. Dahlin's Delight [7:00]

VIP
    Thanks

George Cables Trio - Bluesology

Artist: George Cables Trio
    Title: Bluesology
    Year Of Release: 1998
    Label: SteepleChase
    Genre: Jazz
    Total Time: 68:45 min
    Total Size: 156 MB

Tracklist
    ----------
    01. In Your Own Sweet Way
    02. Easy Living
    03. There Is No Greater Love
    04. Voodoo Lady
    05. Come Rain Or Come Shine
    06. A Night In Tunisia
    07. Hi-Fly
    08. Bluesology
    09. Ebony Moonbeams
    10. How Deep Is The Ocean

George Cables- piano, Jay Anderson- bass, Billy Drummond- drums.

We don't get enough of George Cables these days. You know how it is; record for those little independent labels and somehow you just get lost in the major league shuffle. Look a little deeper and you'll find that Cables has made some great trio music in recent days, with two dates coming to my mind in particular, Night and Day on the Japanese DIW label and Cables' Fables from the pianist's SteepleChase oeuvre. Apparently the alliance with the latter concern has proven productive because there's been a great stream of trio discs to come as the product of that relationship, with Bluesology the most recent to get a Stateside release.

Taking nothing away from its predecessors, Bluesology is a distinguished Cables affair while also being just one damn good piano trio record. The focus is mainly on standards, but what this ensemble does with them is anything but standard fare. Just take the opening Brubeck classic, "In Your Own Sweet Way," which sports a catchy introductory vamp that also provides a launching pad for the solos. Cables' voicings are rich and robust (captured with great finesse by engineer Josiah Gluck), while his improvisational style gains much from a forward momentum, aided further by Billy Drummond's quicksilver drumming. The two Cables originals contained herein are both winners, leaving one with a desire to have had more of his blithe lines thrown into the mix. "Voodoo Lady," as the title might suggest, gets its energy from a rumba beat and thick two-handed block chords from Cables. The lengthier "Ebony Moonbeams" is built upon an eighth-note feel and has an extended form complete with creative periods of tension and release. Then, all of a sudden Drummond kicks into a sprightly samba beat for a spell, only to later find Cables' haunting refrain at the forefront. And yet these are just two highlights among many. Can you say "highly recommended?" ~C. Andrew Hovan

Page 170 of 762 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180220270670 ... LastLast

Thread Information