Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Taylor Swift

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Taylor Swift - Beautiful 18 Year Old Blond Singer

I can't complain about her looks. For an 18 yr old kid, she's fairly pretty. But, in the last month or so I've heard her sing on a few TV shows without the benefit of all the things a recording studio can do for a singer, and she sounded horrible. Her singing made me think someone was skinning a live cat. Alot of screeching, throwing her head around and swinging the microphone. I've heard other people say that her live performances suck. I guess she's popular because of her looks and not her talent. Alot like Jessica Simpson, another hottie that can't sing a lick. [my opinion]

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Taylor Swift - Beautiful 18 Year Old Blond Singer

Quote Originally Posted by Edawg
    I can't complain about her looks. For an 18 yr old kid, she's fairly pretty. But, in the last month or so I've heard her sing on a few TV shows without the benefit of all the things a recording studio can do for a singer, and she sounded horrible. Her singing made me think someone was skinning a live cat. Alot of screeching, throwing her head around and swinging the microphone. I've heard other people say that her live performances suck. I guess she's popular because of her looks and not her talent. Alot like Jessica Simpson, another hottie that can't sing a lick. [my opinion]
    Actually Edawg, she has much more talent than Jessica Simpson and others like her. This girl wrote all of her songs while still in high school, and she plays the guitar on all of them. Her style is sweet and simple and not an over powering voice, and I am sure that does not show well live. I have her CD, and it is up beat and fun to listen too.......I think she has a great future!
    However, I have no clue about seeing her live........she seems to be traveling all over the place, and has been here in Atlanta about six times in a year. That is lots of work for a kid, hopefully she will settle down and refine her live performances! I think she has a great future at only 18 years old now, and hopefully the body will fill out a little also......she is 5'11" and still growing I think! ;)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Taylor Swift

Impressive for a kid! ;)

Taylor Swift

Background information
    Birth name Taylor Alison Swift
    Born December 13, 1989 (1989-12-13) (age 18)
    Origin Reading, Pennsylvania, USA
    Genre(s) Country pop
    Occupation(s) Singer-songwriter, musician
    Instrument(s) Vocals, guitar, piano
    Years active 2006 – present
    Label(s) Big Machine
    Website Taylor Swift Official Site
    Notable instrument(s)
    Koa Wood guitar
    Taylor Alison Swift (born December 13, 1989) is an American country music singer-songwriter. Signed to the independent Big Machine Records label in 2006, Taylor made her debut on the U.S. Billboard country charts with the release of her debut single "Tim McGraw".

Her self-titled debut album was released in late 2006, and has since been certified triple platinum by the RIAA in the United States. As of June 21, 2008 the album has sold 3,021,703 copies in the U.S and it has produced five Top Ten singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs, including the Number One single "Our Song"; four of her singles have also reached Top 40 on the Billboard Hot 100. The album was re-issued in 2008 with a set of bonus tracks.

Biography

Early life
    Taylor Swift was born in Reading, Pennsylvania and lives with her parents, Scott and Andrea, and her brother, Austin,[1] in Hendersonville, Tennessee. Swift's influences include her grandmother and LeAnn Rimes.[2] Although her grandmother was a professional opera singer,[3] Taylor's tastes always ran more toward country and she developed a love for Patsy Cline and Dolly Parton at an early age.[4] She also credits the Dixie Chicks and Shania Twain for demonstrating how much impact can be made by "stretching boundaries".[5] At the age of ten, Swift began to perform around her home town, Wyomissing, singing at karaoke contests, festivals, and fairs, and also started writing songs. Her first exposure to the music business consisted of recording demo tapes at a studio. At age 11, Swift made her first trip to Nashville in hopes of obtaining a record deal by handing out a demo tape she had made of her singing along to karaoke songs. She handed this tape to receptionists at every label on Music Row.[2] After Swift returned to Pennsylvania, she was asked to sing at the U.S. Open tennis tournament, when her rendition of the national anthem moved the crowd. Swift signed to a record label when she was 13 years old, but walked away because it "wasn't where she wanted to be."[citation needed]

Swift began to regularly visit Nashville, where, at age 12, she wrote songs with local songwriters. Eventually, her family decided to move to an outlying Nashville suburb.[6] Taylor Swift performed at Nashville's premier songwriters' café, The Bluebird Café, catching the attention of Scott Borchetta who signed her to his newly-formed record label, Big Machine Records.

Swift plays a Taylor Grand Auditorium acoustic guitar made of koa wood.

Debut album: Taylor Swift
    Swift's first single, "Tim McGraw", was released to radio in Summer of 2006 and on October 24, 2006, her self-titled album was released. Swift wrote or co-wrote all of the songs on the album, which debuted at #19 on the Billboard 200 and sold more than 61,000 during its first week. It later peaked at #1 at Billboard Top Country Albums and #5 at Billboard 200. It also spent eight consecutive weeks at the top of the Top Country Albums charts, and has since sold over 3 million copies.[7] Swift has surpassed the 20 million mark for music streams on MySpace. She is currently ranked at 15 for the most MySpace visits for all genres of music, and is MySpace's current top-ranking Country artist.[8]

Taylor Swift performing in 2007.Swift's debut single, "Tim McGraw", was released in Summer 2006. "I wrote the song in my freshman year of high school", she says. "I was dating a guy named Brandon Borello, and I was about to move. I knew we were going to break up so I started thinking of all the things that I knew would remind him of me. Surprisingly, the first thing that came to mind was that my favorite country artist is Tim McGraw".[9] "Tim McGraw" peaked at #6 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts for the week of January 27, 2007. The song's music video set a record by appearing for 30 consecutive weeks on GAC's fan-voted weekly Top 20 music countdown show,[10] and reached number one on CMT's video charts. The video also won Swift an award for Breakthrough Video of the Year at the 2007 CMT Music Awards. Her pursuit of country music stardom was the subject of "GAC Short Cuts", a part-documentary, part-music-video series airing since the summer of 2006 on the country music channel.

On May 15, 2007, Swift performed "Tim McGraw" at the Academy of Country Music Awards. She sang the song to Tim McGraw in the audience, and introduced herself for the first time to him. Swift has been an opening act for Tim McGraw and Faith Hill on their Soul2Soul 2007 tour. She has opened in the past for George Strait, Brad Paisley and Rascal Flatts as well.[11] On August 21, 2007, Swift performed live on the season finale of America's Got Talent.[12]

The second single from the Taylor Swift album, "Teardrops On My Guitar", was released February 24, 2007. The song was inspired by a true event during her time in high school in which she liked a boy named "Drew Hardwick". He only saw Swift as a friend and a go-to person for advice about his relationship with his girlfriend. She noted she heard "through the grapevine" that Drew is well aware the song was written about him.[13] "Teadrops on My Guitar" originally made its peak positions in Summer 2007, peaking at #2 on the Billboard Country Chart and #33 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was re-released to the Hot 100 and Pop 100 in late 2007 with a Pop remix that brought "Teardrops on My Guitar" to #13 on the Hot 100 and #11 on the Pop 100.

In October 2007, Swift's songwriting peers at the Nashville Songwriters Association International honored her with their Songwriter/Artist of the Year Award, making her the youngest artist ever to win the award.[14]

On November 7, 2007, Swift won the 2007 CMA Horizon Award and also performed "Our Song", the third single from her album, which would go on to become her first #1 song the week of December 22, 2007, where it leaped up from the #6 spot. This was the biggest jump to Number One since January 1998, when Tim McGraw's "Just to See You Smile", also jumped from #6 to #1.[15] "Our Song" spent six weeks at #1 on the Country charts and also peaked at #16 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #24 on the Billboard Pop 100.

Swift also recorded a holiday album, Sounds of the Season, that was released October 16, 2007, exclusively available at Target stores. The album, which was not as successful as her self-titled debut, featured both holiday classics such as "Last Christmas" and original songs written by Swift.

Swift was nominated for a 2008 Grammy Award in the category of Best New Artist, but lost to Amy Winehouse. Swift's latest single, "Picture to Burn" is the fourth single from her debut album. The song debuted early in 2008 and is currently a major hit on the Billboard Country Chart.

Swift was covergirl of Seventeen Magazine in the June 2008 issue. She was also named number 52 on Maxim's sexiest women of '08.

Big Machine Records announced the release of "Should've Said No" on Mon., May 19. The song is the fifth and final single from Swift's debut album. She performed it on 43rd Annual Academy of Country Music Awards. [16] The performance started off with her dressed in a hooded sweatshirt and jeans, but soon after a short black halter dress was revlealed. In the last minute of the song, she went backstage to perform the final verse under a cascading waterfall. Swift had wanted to do that performance on stage with the water and the change of clothes since she was 10 years old.[17]

Upcoming album
    Swift's second studio album is slated for a fall 2008 release. In a repeat of her debut album, Swift is expected to have at least a co-writing credit on every track; John Rich and Colbie Caillat contributed writing to the album's early songs, according to Billboard Magazine.[18]

Banned
    Thanks

HQ images of this young star! ;)

Thanks

I for one, think this girl is absolutely beautiful! And while some of her live stuff may not be completely polished--she is only 18! You have to appreciate how talented she is, especially in a time when so many attractive singers have to rely on someone else to write their songs for them.
    Now I may be way off base here, but does anyone else think she looks A LOT like Jana foxy?!?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kaiyaka
    I for one, think this girl is absolutely beautiful! And while some of her live stuff may not be completely polished--she is only 18! You have to appreciate how talented she is, especially in a time when so many attractive singers have to rely on someone else to write their songs for them.
    Now I may be way off base here, but does anyone else think she looks A LOT like Jana foxy?!?

......good call, she does look like Jana!! ;)

Banned
    Thanks

Taylor Swift - Change :P - This may not be your type of music, but this 18 year old wrote this song because she just won an award, and is with a very small music label. The USA Olympic committee and AT&T got hold of it, and put it on a CD with others....proceeds support the USA team. If you are watching the TV coverage in the US......they often play this song. It is not country....but rock, and like it or not.......turn it up and listen to the words, and it will motivate you! I guarantee you will at least listen to it twice! ;)

http://www.attblueroom.com/sports/teamusa/soundtrack/english/artist_lineup.php?artist_name=taylor_swift&video_id=1

PS......she is hot as hell, especially in this video!! ;)

Banned
    Thanks

I just posted this in the - "what song are you listening too" thread! This young chick is hot!! 8) :

OK.....here is a new one you are not going to believe! :-\
    Taylor Swift and Def Leppard - Photograph ;D :

CMT has a new Crossroads with Taylor and Def Leppard singing together live! ;)
    http://www.cmt.com/videos/def-leppard/292234/photograph-from-cmt-crossroads.jhtml?id=1597706

Taylor Swift's first exposure to Def Leppard's tunes? In the womb. The 18-year-old country princess, who paired with the '80s rock icons to tape an upcoming episode of CMT Crossroads in Nashville Oct. 6, tells PEOPLE that her love affair with the band began before she was born.

"My mom was a huge fan of theirs when she was pregnant with me," Swift says. "So growing up, the music that was playing in my house was Def Leppard. It was music that she liked that I could like too."

Swift set about contacting the band a year ago in hopes that they'd join her onstage for CMT's genre-bending series. The lads from Sheffield, England, whose blockbuster Hysteria album was released two years before Taylor was born, admit they were clueless to her fame at first.

"The first thing we did is Google 'Taylor Swift' and we were like, 'Whoa! She's only a kid!'" said Def Leppard frontman Joe Elliott. "Then you start listening to the songs and it's like, 'Why wouldn't we want to do this?' I mean she's one of the biggest stars in America now. It's flattering."

The collaboration resulted in a few unexpected moments – like Elliott joining Swift in the chorus of her new song, "Love Story," crooning along with the lines, "You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess."

Says Elliot with a laugh, "I'm comfortable with my feminine side!"

At the Crossroads taping (airing Nov. 7), the artists teamed up on Def Leppard classics like "Pour Some Sugar on Me" and Swift's hits such as "Picture to Burn."

"This is my childhood dream come true," Swift told the crowd after singing Def Leppard's "Photograph." "I'm freaking out that that just happened!"

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,333 Posts

Thanks

Rocky7,
    who is your avatar?
    if I had two that looked like her when I was seventeen I`d be dead already.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information