PDA

View Full Version : Steve Lee (Gotthard) killed In Motorcycle Accident

sludge
10-07-2010, 07:30 AM
GOTTHARD Singer Killed In Motorcycle Accident - Oct. 5, 2010

http://img2.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/6545/6545612afd28a6aab4f9906c6817549775156d9.jpg

The GOTTHARD singer had flown to the U.S. with some biker friends just this weekend to fulfil a long-cherished dream for which he'd never had the time due to his heavy touring schedule for many years. It was to be two weeks through the States on a Harley-Davidson.

The 21 Swiss bikers started their journey on Sunday on a total of 12 motorcycles. On Tuesday, October 5, about 50 miles from Las Vegas, the group had stopped at the roadside to put on their rain gear as it had started to rain. On the slippery road, the trailer of a passing truck began to skid. The driver attempted evasive action but his trailer clipped five of the motorcycles parked at the roadside; one of them hit Steve Lee. Rescue services attempted resuscitation but efforts were stopped after 20 minutes. At 16:13 local time, Steve Lee was pronounced dead.

Among the passengers were GOTTHARD bassist Marc Lynn and Lee's girlfriend Brigitte Voss Balzarini.

All other fellow riders were unharmed.

Steve Lee was 47 years old.
(source:blabbermouth.net)

http://img5.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/6545/654561580389bd1fb3698fe21cf50d90deaa0be.jpg

The world has lost yet another extraordinary singer, I actually have tears in my eyes as I write this.
Gotthard is one of my favourite bands and I had the fortune to see them in concert february this year.
All of the band and especially Steve seemed to be really humble and nice guys - only the good die young.

He was only a couple of years older than me and it is a reminder to love and embrace life, every day - you never know what tomorrow will bring.

Rest in peace Steve.
August 5, 1963 – October 5, 2010

sludge
10-07-2010, 07:38 AM
Gotthard - I've Seen An Angel Cry
DP3jPOplYZQ

Gotthard - Top Of The World
-bqL5IBk_ao

Gotthard - Immigrant song
0tVhaKrD6Eg

Gotthard - Lift U Up
Cg4MTBCIW8A

Gotthard - Anytime Anywhere
DQFz2z_6kkc

In Memoriam - Steve Lee - Angel
2occGDAOHRg

sludge
10-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Gotthard - Lift U Up

Cg4MTBCIW8A

sludge
10-08-2010, 10:45 PM
Gotthard Need To Believe

TKnY6xeAs8E

sludge
10-08-2010, 10:51 PM
GOTTHARD - In The Name / Heaven - Live in Zurich

Cnmiw8rYM6s

sludge
10-08-2010, 10:52 PM
GOTTHARD - Said & Done - Live in Zurich

2_PvncdLGyA

sludge
10-08-2010, 10:54 PM
Steve Lee - the last performance on TV: Tears to cry

h1yzaTwHKp0

sludge
10-15-2010, 08:12 AM
http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/6641/664165757af4d5eb1b2194aab547a41ac741ca2.jpg

http://img4.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/6641/6641684ac5ebe11b09c3b38f0fcbe240daa80d1.jpg

Official statement of the surviving bike-group members:

On the afternoon of October 5th 2010 our group, consisting of 22 male and female bikers on 12 Harley Davidsons, was on its way from Las Vegas to St. George, Utah, in bright weather.

About 15 miles from Mesquite, a severe thunderstorm began. One of the bikes started to have some technical problems with its ignition, so we stopped on the breakdown lane and switched on our warning lights. The last guy in the group was reminding us to be very careful with the traffic passing by, so we paid attention. At the same time it started to rain more heavily, so the group decided to put on rain gear.

A truck was speeding towards the group. For some inexplicable reason, the very heavy truck crashed into several of our bikes. The impact was so severe that one of the bikes was thrown into the air, hit Steve and crushed him to the ground. The group immediately secured the accident area and started to give him first aid.

At the same time we dialled the emergency number 911 and after a few minutes the first police car arrived. The patrolman had brought a defibrillator and, with our help, he immediately started to apply it. In the meantime, in the pouring rain, we all started working together to try to save Steve's life. A couple of minutes later, a second police car arrived and brought a complete set of first aid equipment. A helicopter also arrived. During all that time resuscitation attempts were maintained. After long minutes of trying, the doctor had to confirm that Steve was dead.

Miraculously, no other person in the group was injured. We are all aware that it could have been any one of us – and it could have even been the whole group.

Together with the local police, our tour guides organised the transport for us all to a nearby hotel in Mesquite. The hotel offered us a quiet room in which we could mourn, talk to each other and cry together.
We all agree that the tour guides prepared and handled our trip very professionally. Our group still trusts the guides 100%.

Steve’s loss is an incredible tragedy for all of us. Together we are trying to get over all the grieving and the pain and to be there for each other. It is a very hard time for all of us.

Steve Lee’s lifelong dream to drive just once through the USA, on a Harley, should have come true during these two weeks. After we started our trip in Los Angeles, we passed Death Valley and Las Vegas. Our next stop would have been St. George in Utah, from where we had planned to head for Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and Monument Valley. This was to have been the place where Steve planned to surprise Brigitte with some very special Indian jewellery. To show her Las Vegas and to enjoy together the special atmosphere there was one of his greatest wishes for the trip.

"One thing is for sure", Brigitte says, "I have never seen Steve as happy as during these last days." She is utterly devastated, but is finding comfort within the group now. We will be forever connected after this tragedy.